Find The Perfect Cut For Your (Round) Face Shape
As we discussed in our last post there are many factors that can go into determining the perfect haircut for you as an individual. However, The most important element is identifying the shape of your face. In this face shape series we will help you identify the cut that will work best for you. So here is the question? What is your Face Shape? Heart, Long, Round, Square, Oval or Diamond? Today we discuss the Round Face Shape.
A round shape face is just about equal in width and length.
CELEB ROUND SHAPE: Kate Bosworth, Olivia Munn, Charlize Theron, Mila Kunis, Emma Stone, Kirsten Dunst, Adele
What is the perfect hairstyle of a Round Shaped Face? The secret to accentuating a round face is to create the illusion of length!
Do you have medium to long curly hair?
- Ask your stylist for choppy layers through the back and bottom of your hair to give it some shape and sex appeal.
Do you have Straight hair?
- The golden rule to remember is that round faces need a style that has longer layers that fall into place and frame your face.
- The goal is to lengthen your cheeks making them look slimmer and your cheekbones more structured.
- Try a modern bob cut with layers that fall softly on to the face.
Fringe options: Long wispy fringe will look great for a round face. If your hair is thicker, a longer fringe that you can sweep to the side will lengthen your face.
Color you sexy: Low lights at the side of the face and lighter highlights at the top of the head will create the illusion of lustrous length.
- Chin length hair with a rounded line that mirrors face’s circular shape.
- Center parts.
- Short-short cropped bangs.
- Fullness at side of ears.
- A rounded haircut ending at the chin will add weight to your face shape, because the widest part of your face is at the cheeks and ears. It will make your face appear wider.
- Whether your hair is long or short, if it’s prone to a wave or curl, avoid at all costs ending up with a rounded ‘bubble cut’.
ALWAYS: Take a few photos of styles you like and take them to your hairdresser. They can best advise you on what will work best with your face shape, personality and lifestyle.
Next post we will discuss the Square Face Shape.